Monday, November 23, 2009

I have a problem when I sleep.

I haven't been getting very much sleep as of late.
So I left my 9:30 class early today and went home to take a nap.

Ya, i went home to take a nap at 10 in the morning.
I was exhausted.
Don't judge me.

My dream, like all dreams, made a lot of sense at the time, but now it just sounds crazy awesome.

I am running down main street and tugging a royal blue, 14 foot canoe behind me.
Some dude in sunglasses and a chick with big hair are chasing me while dragging their own canoe.
I don't really understand why, but I need to get the hell away from them.
Main street begins to fill with water and I jump into the canoe as the current takes me swiftly away from my pursuers.
I'm not worried anymore. I'm just excited to be floating down main street on a canoe.
Of course tho, just as I am really enjoying my float down the street all the water begins to drain down the big drains on the corner of 1400 north.
Panic sets in again as I realize that my canoe isn't gonna last long being pushed along the rough asphalt.
Luckily, the canoe doubles as a sail. I grab the sides of the canoe as it lifts up into the air.
I'm flying superman style behind my canoe turned sail/flying device.
I hit traffic and panic hits again as I fly narrowly between speeding UPS trucks on both sides.
Just as I am about to hit one of the trucks head on, I pull up and fly into the sky.
I am flying swiftly thru the air...what an amazing feeling!
I've never had so much fun, the feeling of flying is better than anything I have yet experienced in my life and I realize that this is the first time in my life that I have flown in a dream...
No sooner had I realized this than my great dream quickly turned into a terrible nightmare.
I began to spin out of control and everything turned dark.
I instantly opened my eyes to the sight of my room on fire and the sound of sirens and screaming.
I wanted to jump up out of bed and run, but I couldn't move, couldn't shout, I could only lay there and watch the fire consume my room and imagine my imminent death.
I'm awake, conscious, and I begin to truly panic as the feeling of death creeps into my bones and makes my stomach twist and turn with pain.
Death is so close...I struggle and struggle and somehow break free from my paralysis.  The hallucination is gone in an instant.

And I realize, it's not on fire.
I'm not going to die by being burnt alive.
Praise the Lord.
I had almost pooped my pants.

I hate my condition.

3 comments:

. said...

holy piss. dont poop the bed. Although that's minor compared to the fire engulfment.

This was intense... and this happens all the time in your dreams? Its kind of enchanting til it turns scary.

jessica. said...

Taken from DreamMoods.com:

To see a canoe in your dream, represents serenity, simplicity, and independence. It is also a reflection of your emotional balance. You are moving ahead via your own power and determination.

To dream that you are in a flood, represents your need to release some sexual desires. If the flood is raging, then it represents emotional issues and tension. Your repressed emotions are overwhelming you. Consider where the flood is for clues as to where in your waking life is causing you stress and tension. Alternatively, the dream may indicate that you are the one who is overwhelming others with your demands and strong opinion.

To dream that you are flying, signifies a sense of freedom where you had initially felt restricted and limited.

Depending on the context of your dream, to see fire in your dream can symbolize destruction, passion, desire, illumination, transformation, enlightenment, or anger. It may suggest that something old is passing and something new is entering into your life. Your thoughts and views are changing. In particular, if the fire is under control or contained in one area, then it is a metaphor of your own internal fire and inner transformation. It also represents your drive, motivation, and creative energy. Alternatively, the dream may be warning you of your dangerous or risky activities. You are literally "playing with fire".

To dream that a house is on fire, indicates that you need to undergo some transformation. If you have recurring dreams of your family house on fire, then it suggests that you are still not ready for the change or that you are fighting against the change. Alternatively, it highlights passion and the love of those around you.

Sydnie said...

Fire naps.