Monday, December 21, 2009

I feel dirty inside...

So working at a restaurant often allows one to meet people they otherwise would not have met and have experiences they otherwise would not have had.

This past week at Sabor was one of those times.

Thursday night, there was a table in the restaurant of 6 ladies celebrating a birthday and getting drunk off their A's. I wasn't their server, but as they left I noticed one of the ladies still had on one of our sombreros. They aren't cheap (something like $150 a piece) so I tried to stop them, but they ran out with the hat in a drunken jog/sway laughing. I wasn't about to chase them, so I told my manager and he ran out to talk to them, but they were already in their cars and peeling away from the restaurant.

I chuckled a little to myself and shook my head. That was the last of that sombrero...or so I thought.

About a half hour later, the drunkest girl out of the bunch walked in with the sombrero. I happened to be near the front door and she walked over to me and said she had caught the culprit who stole the hat and she went on to say she was sorry about 7 times. She handed me the hat and went in for a hug. I was caught off gaurd, so I just kind of went with it.

Next thing I know, she is whispering some crap in my ear as she grabs my butt. Then she had the audacity to kiss me on the cheek. She walked away with a smile while she said thank you.

I couldn't quite believe what had happened. I just stood there as she walked out the door and  left me shocked and more than a little bit disturbed. I had just been kissed by a drunk girl and been taken advantage of at the same time and it didn't feel very good.

I'm trying to laugh about it now, but I just feel so dirty inside...

5 comments:

Sydnie said...

I'm not trying to laugh. I am laughing.

Just remember Doyle's stories from Texas and you'll feel a little bit better.

McKayJoice said...

this is why i like your blog

Brian G. said...

best mexican restaurant story i have ever heard. haha that seriously was great

Colin said...

Who can blame her, Brett? I mean... look at you. She didn't come back to return the hat. She returned the hat for a bum grab.

Brett Z said...

I'm glad ya'll are gettin a good laugh at my pain.