Tuesday, May 11, 2010

You might call it a metamorphosis of sorts.

Pardon the french, but this has been a hell of a week (or two).

So let me give you a short synopsis of the fast week or so.
I finished my final finals at Utah State University on Wednesday at 3:45 in the pm. I finished my last semester with a whopping two B+'s, one A-, and a B. I worked at Cafe Sabor Thursday and worked my last two shifts after nearly 4 years of employment as a server there. I spent Friday packing and moving out of the hole that my landlord calls "a house" and moved into a much needed upgrade about 3 blocks away. I woke at 7:45 on Saturday and spent the day graduating with two diplomas, becoming best friends with Danny Glover, finishing moving, and partying with Nat and my family. To top it all off I recently decided to go to law school at Santa Clara in the fall so in a few short months I will be moving once again to the debt-ridden state of California.

It has been a very bitter sweet week, a week with a wide variety of emotions. I know that you're all thinking that manly men like myself don't have any emotions other than angry and immature, but I have at times felt excited, scared, happy, sad, frustrated, unworthy, proud, content, optimistic, anxious, stressed, worn-out, forgotten, loved, grateful, ordinary, and accomplished.

The future is bound to bring some heartache and pains, but I am excited to move onto the next stage in my life. I can't wait to see what the world has to offer and to grow thru whatever experiences it has in store. But I am also scared to have so much change, so much uncertainty in my life. The last 4 years of my life have been filled with certainty and constancy and I am sad to be leaving this town and University that I have come to know so well and love so much. I am sad to think of leaving the the many friends that I have made here and perhaps never seeing them again. If I could choose one word to describe how I felt I would put sad and excited together and make saxicted, ya I'm saxcited.

This may be a little premature since I still have one more glorious Summer to experience, but I just want to say to Logan, USU, my many friends, and my family that we've made a good run and that I'm gonna love ya, I'm gonna miss ya. Seriously, I will shed a few tears over this.

8 comments:

Cassidy said...

BZ
congrats you graduate!
lets play before you leave please!
CH

Kirsten Rappleye said...

:)
BZ... you're a good guy.

Good choice w/ Santa Clara, you'll have a rockin'/ kick-butt/ get-but-kicked time there, and it'll be a great excuse for certain ones of us to come crash at your place and enjoy the California Sun for a while sometime... Just saying.
Excuse me, will you hang out with us some over the summer?... Can you fit that on to your itinerary?

Brooke Shoko said...

you are a good person.
i enjoy reading the things you write.
congrats on everything.

Crush said...

Brett...seriously. Gonna love ya gonna miss ya. I hope this won't be the end of our friendship...you better believe the wolves will be making frequent trips to visit you and soak up the cali sun. Don't worry I'll bring my own king size air bed. hearts Jess

Brett Z said...

ya'll are too kind...we need to make sure we all play in the very near future. and yes jess, please come visit, i'm gonna be so lonely in cali by myself, i don't even care if you don't bring your own mattress.

Brett Z said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa Anne said...

lets be blog friends again...
please and thanks.

Emo Henshaw said...

Brett, I had all of these same feelings when I was leaving. It is the weirdest feeling in the world. BUT it is also great to move on and really grow in life. I am excited for you to be in Cali. I will have to come visit! :)