Monday, April 6, 2009

Mystery of life solved?

Scientists have finally discovered the reason why scratching relieves an itch!

I know what you're thinking right now.

You're thinking, "There is no way in H we've finally answered this deep, complex, and mysterious question that has foiled scientists and geniuses for decades!"

But you'd be wrong, we have, right here.

Scratching relieves an itch by blocking activity in the spinal cord nerve cells that transmit the sensation to the brain.

I have no idea what in the world that means, but I'm just relieved that we finally have this problem figured out. It's been driving me nuts for years, and I'm glad we've spent millions and millions of dollars to finally understand our itches.

Just as a side note, we still haven't figured out why we have some itches for no apparent reason. But have faith, more money will be poured into understanding this intriguing and very important question and more of life's mysteries will be solved.

No comments: