Monday, April 18, 2011

Dear Law School...

One year of law school has almost been completed. Crazy right?
One might ask, "Brett, what have you learned so far?"
I would respond, "First, in order to stay sane, one must have a balanced life. Second, the answer is the commerce clause."

I don't really want to explain the commerce clause, but here are a few things I've done to attempt having a balanced life:
- Reddit! (don't look at any links with NSFW, it's not a good idea.)
- Chill with Joe in San Rafael
- Hit the gym 5 times a week and get swoll
- Chipotle and the Safeway "chicken bacon ranch"
- Dodgeball League
- Phantogram
- Church every week
- Co-Ed Intramural Softball
- Parks and Recreation
 
Now for things that don't keep me sane:
- Classes
- Outlining all freaking day
- My 45 minute commute
- Constipation/diarrhea
- Finals. They are like corn on a stick, and this is how I feel about them coming up in about 2 weeks....



Now let's just hope I can make it thru finals with my sanity and grades intact and we can consider this year a borderline success.

PS - I'll find out about my internship by Friday morning, so keep up the praying friends!

4 comments:

Kirsten Rappleye said...

Haaaa ha ha ha... Okay I understood the 'commerce clause' answer. SO true! On the off chance that the CC doesn't work, equal protection and incorporation always do! ;)

I enjoy your posts my friend. Keep on keepin' on.

Sydnie said...

Get swoll? You're a true blue Californian now, boi... At least you're speaking like one.

. said...

..for the constipation: prune juice. Special advice from my granny.

Unknown said...

Dear Friend. I miss you. I am way happy that you are finished with your first year. I am glad you are getting swoll and hope the constipation subsides. You. Are. Great.