Sunday, April 24, 2011

Good Friday

Good Friday started off not so good. I began the day outlining and being rejected by my San  Diego internship. I told my friends that even a win by the Braves would do next to nothing to make-up for the rejection. But by 6 I was in San Fransisco getting ready to watch the Braves beat the Giants and forgetting about my lack of an internship for the summer. I had some sweet seats in the bleachers in right-center and had a great time watching the Braves beat the Giants 4-1. My opportunities for heckling were many and the weather was fantastic. And after the game, the Giants fans' weak attempts at insults concerning Brooks Conrad and the World Series only made my night brighter.



On Saturday I got some rays while watching my nephews play a lot of baseball, had an Easter feast, and then watched Tim Hudson and the Braves (this time on the tv) beat Tim Lincecum and the Giants 5-2.

The weekend culminated with a great day at church, being reminded that Christ lives, and the Braves sweeping the Giants 9-6 in 10 innings. It was a great weekend and reminded me just how great life is and can be regardless of the little setbacks and trials we experience.  And I kind of felt like this.


I was disappointed about being rejected by SD, but within a few hours something as simple as a baseball game had lifted my spirits and I began to realize that things would work out for the summer. Christ plays, or should play, the same role in our lives. When we are down He can lift us up, He can remind us that life is wonderful and that it is worth living no matter what seems to go wrong. The late Prophet Gordon B. Hinckley was an optimist and once said, "Things will work out. Keep trying. Be believing. Don't get discouraged. Things will work out." I truly believe these words. I know that things will work out for all of us as we strive to do what is right and follow Jesus Christ.

With that said, to all you Giants fans out there...Jason Heyward > Buster Posey.

2 comments:

tlove said...

I feel like it's necessary for me to comment on this. first of all buster is defly < Jason heyward. and secondly I will be egging u know where tmrw. lastly between the toothless man teaching us the "new" suggestive Atlantic chop and a hearty Safeway sandwich I'd say Friday was a great time.
-Brooks Conrad

Madi said...

thank you my friend, just what I needed to hear today!