Saturday, December 3, 2011

#ItMightBeLove

I love bike.


There. I said it. I love my bike. The last 2 weeks or so I've taken this beaut for a daily spin and I've fallen in love.

Not only do I love the bike itself (easily the best $150 I've spent in decades), and the act of biking, but I love what I see while I am riding my bike. I've noticed hole-in-the-wall restaurants, side streets with beautiful houses and landscaping, a lot of cool and weird cars, and the overall beauty of the area I live in.


It's been good for me to slow down a bit and enjoy those things that are around me each and every day.. Maybe it's just the fact that it's fall and everything outside is beautiful, or that we just finished Thanksgiving, but I have been feeling very grateful of late for the beautiful world we live in. All around us there are amazing things and people, and if we slow down for a few seconds we might actually see and experience some of them.


If there is one thing I have learned over my short and unproductive life, it is that when we are grateful for what we have we are content and we are happy. So I admonish all of you, slow down. See what the world around you has to offer. The people. The beauty. The unique. Experience more and enjoy your life more. Recognize the many blessing around you and you will be happier. It's a fact.

Also, my iphone has brought out the inner-photographer in me and here are just a few more of my favorite finds over the past few weeks.

No comments: