Friday, December 9, 2011

Never get old

Finals have been consuming my life this past week and as a result, I have been listening to a lot of music. And I noticed the other day that there are lots of songs that I like for a few weeks or months while there are other songs that I like for years and years. For some reason, there are a handful of songs that just never get old, no matter how many times I listen to them. It got me thinking why? What is the difference between the songs I love for a few months and the songs that I love for years? Is it the composition? The lyrics? The style? Is it me? I don't have any answers, but I sure think that it's an interesting phenomenon.

With that said, here is just a small portion of the songs that never get old for me.

Radiohead - Karma Police
The Pixies - Where is my Mind
U2 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
The Cure - Friday I'm in Love
The Cranberries - Zombie
Moby - Porcelain
Beck - Loser
Coldplay - Clocks
Cake - The Distance
Weezer - Island in the Sun

1 comment:

Sydnie said...

This is great.

So is MMXI.

Thanks. You do a good work.