Friday, February 19, 2010

My obsession


I realized that spring training is right around the corner and a spark of excitement shot into my heart. I love baseball. I love to play baseball. I love to watch baseball. I love to read about baseball. I love to think about baseball. I LOVE baseball. Along with new socks and steak dinners it is one of the few passions I have in this thing we call life.


Some people say I am weird. Others say I am obsessed. They give me weird looks of disgust and wonder.

I say so what? I'm obsessed with baseball. Ger over it. It's too sophisticated for you to understand...I love baseball and I don't care who knows it!


In particular, I am obsessed with the Atlanta Braves. They have been my team since my conception and I will never stray from the path.I am pretty sure they will be pretty darn good this year and I have high hopes for their chances of making the playoffs...oh that would be grand.


Best part is that I am going to be able to see one or two spring training games in Phoenix during spring break...best idea that I have ever had or heard, I cannot freaking wait!

This is gonna be a great year for me and baseball. I can feel it in my bones.

PS- if you can name each Braves player in these photos I will be your friend forever.

5 comments:

Brooke Shoko said...

This explains a lot. love it.

. said...

I must second this notion.
but add the love for the DODGERS instead.

Ethier will be mine one day:D yes please.

Now can warmth just come so we can enjoy these baseball games outside. alrighty thanks. ha

Eric Petey said...

I got this chubby! We got short stop yunel escabar doin the split over the mets dude, and tiny tim hudson... 2 for three is pretty good, right? right?

Kadie said...

I guess we are friends forever - Yunel Escobar, Tim Hudson, and the greatest Brave of all time, Dale Murphy (and Clint didn't help me one bit - honest!).

Brett Z said...

Eric. If we weren't already the same person I would have to say sorry, but don't worry, best friend. And Kadie, I am proud of you and I am sure Clint is as well, we are best friends forever.