Sunday, February 7, 2010

Harry Potter, you're a wizard!

As many of you might know, I have been planning for about the past year on attending law school in the fall of 2010. Thus far I have been accepted to 2 schools (Seton Hall, DePaul) and rejected by 1 (George Mason). That leaves 7 schools I have yet to hear from.

During this waiting period I have been somewhat nervous concerning my acceptance to law school, that was until yesterday when I received a very unexpected and life changing letter in the mail. I retrieved the mail in the early afternoon to find this gem waiting patiently for me in the mailbox.

I couldn't believe it. I had just received a letter from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. In fact I didn't believe it. I thought for sure it was a hoax or some kind of sick joke. Due to my extensive knowledge concerning the Harry Potter books and movies I was able to subject the envelope and its contents to a very close inspection and perform testing in order to deduct that the envelope and the letter it contained were indeed legitimate.
I have been accepted to one of the world's greatest educational establishments. It truly is a Christmas miracle for this to have happened to me and I am still a little shocked and disbelieving when I think about it. Every time I doubt the validity of it all I just pull out the letter and all my doubts and fears are silenced. This is the real deal. This is legit.

Forget about being a lawyer and learning to sue people, I'm going to be a freaking wizard and learn to cast a confundus charm on your face and fend off dementors with my sweet patronus (which will be a great-horned owl of course). It will be a great, life changing experience and I cannot wait to further my secondary education in the realm of witchcraft and wizardry.

To all you who might be against my attendance at Hogwarts or against witchcraft and wizardry in general, I am sorry and I hope it does not destroy or ruin our relationship in anyway, but I need to fulfill my destiny and it now lies at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

I can't wait to hook up with Hermione...HOGWARTS FALL 2010 chubbies!
Thanks girls, you are great. That letter made my day/week/month/year.

PS- I made that shirt myself. It is inspired by Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

6 comments:

Shannon June Ballard said...

Wow Brett, all this time I thought you were just another muggle! We have so much more in common than I ever could have imagined!

Sydnie said...

/LIFE!!! Shoot, dogg. I'm experiencing so many emotions right now. I love/want this and am slightly jealous that I didn't think of doing something like this. I don't know who did it, but I feel like thanking them too. Brilliant!

Cassidy said...

Congratulations!! I'm so proud to know a future wizard. You will do well at Hogwarts and I hope that you will stay in touch with me so I can vicariously live through you! :)

Brett Z said...

Shan- are you saying what I think you're saying?
Syd- I understand your jealousy, I'm not sure why I have been so honored, but I'll do my best to live up to this great honor.
Cass- It is an honor for the both of us, don't worry, I'll keep you updated. This experience will be epic!!

Madi said...

Haha yes i endorse this!

Mallory Allen said...

k....Hogwarts 2010 chubbies? Really? Do you mean what I think you mean? TMI Brett.