Sunday, March 20, 2011

Switzerland

I could write at least 20 pages concerning my adventures in Switzerland for those 8 blessed days that I was able to visit, but instead I'll just leave you with two sentences:

1- Switzerland was amazing, miraculous, and expensive.
2- Returning to law school and responsibility in America is only one of those things, you guess which one.

Really tho, here are some pictures and uncut/unedited/low quality videos from our trip to show the highlights of the trip (anyone know an easy way to post HQ videos to a blog?).

Sledding in the Alps
Meeting our Swiss Families
Jo and I decided to go to church at the little Mormon branch in Interlaken and were both certain we would have a unique experience there, but if you told us that we would end up becoming friends with two families in the branch and staying with them for four of our eight nights in Switzerland we would have called you crazy. But that, nevertheless, is exactly what happened.

The Stussi family showed us around Interlaken Sunday afternoon and then had us over for some great Swiss food and let us hang out with them for the evening. Their son Terrance then extended his home to us and let us stay with him at his apartment in Bern for two nights.
The Kaufmann family invited us to come to Grindelwald for the day to hang out with their family and see what little ski towns in Switzerland are all about and then extended the invitation to stay at their chalet that they owned and rented out to visitors.
The Matterhorn
The food
The beauty of the country
The train rides
The good times

It was an amazing trip, and I honestly feel like I was supposed to go there. It sounds kind of cheesy, but I really feel like I was able to go to Switzerland for a reason. I'm not exactly sure what that reason is, but I do know that I made some amazing friends, saw some amazing sights, and realized again that God lives and loves me...now I just need to find a way to get a summer law internship there and soon.

6 comments:

Cassidy said...

hahha the croissant videos! at the end of jo's when you say "jo and i are best friends" hahahaha loved all of that! Keep posting more swiss stories. Im sure they are FANTASTIC ones!

Chelsea Lynn Irons said...

B.Z.
I never wanted this post to end... I'm so happy that you loved swiss land. What a fun adventure for you guys. I love Switz too! Great photos, I want to hear more about it... someday. I am going to be there in a week from today!

p.s.
back to school after that sucks... sorry!

Juje said...

I like this.

Kirsten Rappleye said...

Beezy... this was awesome. Can I please be you when I grow up?

Scott Johnson said...

Hey, I enjoyed the read. I'm planning a trip in June and am having trouble finding an address for the Interlaken branch. Do you know it by chance?

Unknown said...

the Interlaken Branch of the LdS Church has a tradition of hospitality. i was fortunate to serve eleven months in Interlaken back in 1973-74. my companion and i could typically count on an average of five lunch or dinners with the Swiss members there every week.