Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Artist or Procrastinator?

I don't know what happens, but every so often I get inspiration for some sweet artwork and over a few months time it seems to take up a decent chunk of my time.

The most recent episode began about a month ago when my friend approached me about helping him create some artwork for his new company Denik. They sell notebooks with art on the cover and give a portion of the proceeds to some sort of charity/non-profit, which currently is a great organization called Mali Rising.

Anyway, this pushed me to start thinking about some sweet artwork I could create, for awhile I was stuck, but then I realized that I would love to make some stencils. So for the past two weeks I have been creating stencils, mainly of celebrities/athletes, but I'm debating moving into the realm of other stuff, maybe an owl next? I dunno. Anyway, here are two of my finished projects and I have about 4 more getting close to being done.

 Dennis Eckersley - The Mustache
Brian Wilson - Fear the Beard
The side-by-side

Best part about all of this is that it distracts me from my ever present mountain of homework and allows me to be a more effective and happy procrastinator. So if anyone has any cool ideas, or suggestions on how to make my stuffs better, please send them my way so I can improve my art and my procrastination.

1 comment:

Grant Cardon said...

Randy Johnson (in the mullet and stash days in Seatle) Goose Gossage and Rollie Fingers (in either the Oakland or Milwaukee days) would make a complete set of the Hair Hall of Fame.