Wednesday, January 20, 2010

You need to calm down

I decided recently that girls make no sense (again).

Example:

I was walking thru the TSC on campus, just minding my own dang business, when a girl shouted with joy and jumped up in the air several times while she held a letter she had just retrieved from the mail box over her head.  I kept walking, but I watched her and her friend closely so I could find out what was awesome enough to make this girl literally shake out of excitement and joy. Being the rational, clear-headed man that I am, I assumed the girl must have won 10,000 bucks or something equally cool like a new car or a trip to Europe. So imagine my surprise (and disgust) when I heard her say that it was a letter from a missionary...ya, it continues to blow my mind. This girl was about to have a seizure/panic attack/near death experience over one letter from a boy on a mission. I couldn't believe it and I stared at the girl in awe and wonder as I walked past. I couldn't/cannot figure out why this girl was so excited to receive a letter, it makes absolutely no sense to me.

But I guess I'm not really all that surprised by it tho since I don't understand much about the female race.
In fact, there are only a handful of things I do understand about girls:
-they cost a lot of money.
-they don't shower as often as I do.
-it's always that time of the month.
-they are fun to tease.
-they smell nice or at least they should.
-i like them.

Moral of the story:

Girls are dramatic, crazy, emotional, and irrational. I can hope that they will grow up, calm down, and become rational, but that would require me to live in a perfect/fantasy world. Instead, I'll choose to be realistic and just accept the fact that they will always be crazy and that I will always need/want them in my life.

7 comments:

Sydnie said...

I shower every day of my life, thank you very much.

Sydnie said...

Also, love your last blog.

Brooke Shoko said...

i like this post brett.

but similar to sydnie- i shower every day as well :)

Brett Z said...

liars.

Kirsten Rappleye said...

BZ,
Thank you for making my whole day with this post.
You're very perceptive.
& I mostly agree with you.

Keep your chin up though, Chap. Exceptions to the rule DO exist. ;)

Hayley said...

it's really time for you to get over the fact that we don't shower every day. you wouldn't either.

Nat said...

I don't shower every day. not even close,and I'm not scared to admit it. liked the post nonetheless. we've got you right where we want you don't we....