Sunday, July 10, 2011

Life Changing Investments

Sometimes I buy things and within a few days I wonder, "why in the heck did I buy that?" But these last few weeks I've made a couple of the best purchases of my life.

I have owned fans in the past, and I have always appreciated how they move air around, but I've never really thought they could do much to really cool me down. That was until I bought a Bionaire floor fan from Costco last week for $50. It has changed the way I feel about fans. The fan freaking pumps out cold air! COLD AIR! It's like A/C only cheaper and less draining on the utilities bill. It is amazing! I really don't know how I was handling summer here before I had the fan...well, I know how I was handling it, it just involved a lot of sweat and no one wants to hear about my sweat.

Anyway, after a few days I was sure it was going to be the best purchase of the summer if not the year. That is, until I made my next purchase.

I'm training for a relay race in Napa Valley called the Ragnar and as a result I've been running 4 to 5 times a week and I had been using some pretty old cross-trainers. As a result, my feet had been starting to hurt so I decided I'd invest in some shoes that were made for running. After some research and advice I decided on a pair of Nike's called the Lunarglide 2.

(Left: New Lunarglide 2, Right: Old and crappy white turds)

To my utter astonishment they were the most comfortable shoes I had ever worn and they made running not only easier, but also more enjoyable. I still can't quite believe just how comfortable they are. It's pretty much a Christmas Miracle in July. Now my feet aren't sore after running and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna own Ragnar in a big way. And it's all thanks to my beautiful, comfortable, attractive, fast, and perfect running shoes.

These two purchases, these two worldly possessions have made me realize again just how grateful I am to have my life.And realizing that has made me a happier person. We all have it pretty good and I know that if we recognize the little things in our life to be grateful for that we will all be happier. That's a promise. So do it.

2 comments:

Shannon June Ballard said...

I would just like to join in on your fan love. I purchased mine when I moved to CO...before I had any friends...I call it Mr. Fan. Now I think "who needs friends when you have a fan like mine." Pure Love.

Sydnie said...

Mine are Lunar too... feels like your running on a cloud. So proud of your level of dediation to this little adventure.