Friday, July 15, 2011

A Tradition Coming To An End

“It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live, remember that.”
“To the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.”
Dumbledore

12 years ago I was introduced to a tale of life and death, joy and misery, laughter and tears, and courage and deceit. And now, later this evening, that tale will finally come to an end and I can't help but let a few tears come out of my face. Harry Potter has been a great inspiration in my life and now it's movie form is finally coming to an end. I can't wait.

For about the past 5 years I've gone to the opening night showing of Harry Potter, and when possible I went with my HP crew. This crew consisted of myself, my sister Brittany, and my cousin Niccole. It was always a good time cause when it comes to Harry Potter we are like 3 peas in a pod. In addition to loving the movies, all of us are huge fans of the books. In fact, I remember going with the crew to a couple midnight release parties. I am a fanatic myself, but I always loved going to these types of things to see just how fanatical some people would get with their outfits and just their overall antics. They are great places for people watching, which is my number 1 activity. 

I don't have many pictures to remember the past by, but here are a few we took during the opening night premier of movie 6.
(We all made shirts with a little bit of bleach and a whole lot of awesomeness and awkward poses.)
(Apparently these are the faces we would make when confronted by a Basilisk. Notice my lack of fear.)
 (And our reactions to seeing Voldemort walking down the street...not sure why Brittany is happy...)
Sometimes we ended up with terrible seats, other years we had the best in the house. But it didn't matter, either way we all had a great time. We just loved being there and seeing a decent representation of the books, which we had visualized for years with our imaginations, put into movie form.

Tonight will be a little bitter-sweet. I'm sad to see the movies finally come to an end, but excited to see how it all ends. At the same time I'm sad I won't be able to go with old crew back in Logan, but I'm excited to go with a few of my friends here in Cali. But I know that the movie will be good and that there is like a 55% chance I will shed a tear or two...so what, I have a sensitive side, ok?

Well Harry Potter it's been good...we're gonna love ya, we're gonna miss ya.

No comments: