Wednesday, July 27, 2011

What I Like

I like books and movies. So much in fact that I own over 120 books, 60 dvds, I subscribe to Netflix and Hulu and it got me thinking, just why I like books, movies, and TV shows so much and I came to a couple of conclusions.

1- I like to be entertained. Whether it be through comedy, action, or drama, I, like all lazy Americans, love to put forth little to no effort in order to be entertained.

2- I like to get to know characters. I enjoy getting to know more about characters, I love learning about their past, learning about their thoughts, and seeing their relationships with others grow. It's almost like making a friend, and it's the hardest part to deal with with books or movies end because you know you won't get to see them again.

3- I like to learn lessons and morals from others' experiences. I love reading about and watching people overcome trials or learning important life lessons. It not only makes me feel good, but it also gives me the courage to do the same in my own life.

As a result of this love for entertainment, I decided yesterday that I would fulfill at least one of my summer goals and watch all 6 seasons of Lost. So now I am going to watch somewhere around 90 hours of Lost over the next three weeks and enjoy every second of it.

PS - These are just a few of my favorites:

 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Colin said...

The great thing is, if you're a fan of the Fast and Furious franchise, you will get to see them again (it's necessary to reveal the depth of the characters' character). It's the gift that keeps on giving, that series of movies.