Thursday, July 21, 2011

Oops.

Do you ever sit back and reflect on your life and wonder how in the world did I get here?

So I've been home from my mission for over 5 years, and the other day I got to thinking about what I have accomplished since that time. It's funny, looking back and remembering my expectations back then. I thought for sure I would be married, or at least well on my way towards getting married, and that I would be done with school and working. Those were my only two real expectations/plans, and now I realize that I failed on both accounts. You know, sometimes I wonder if law school was a smart choice and I also realized that I dated a few girls in the past that I'm pretty sure I could have married. Sitting here thinking about it now I'm not 100% sure I made the right decisions...

Oops.

But it's all good cause I am happy to be where I'm at. I am glad to be at law school and learning so much and making so many new friends. And single life isn't too bad at all, in fact, it is pretty awesome. (Don't worry Mom, I'm still working on it). I've learned a lot during the past 5 years and I don't regret being where I am or who I am and to be completely honest, I wouldn't change a thing. I've had too many great experiences and made too many good friends to want to change it all.
 (I love West Yellowstone)
 (Los Banditos about to visit 7-11)
 (Sunday afternoon bike rides are the best)

 (Jay-Z loved us!)
 (2 girls + 1 guy + roadtrip to So Cal = best idea ever)
 (Oh Mexico, how I miss thee)
 (Scatterball is the best game ever, thank you McKay)
 (Finding a Swiss family was a dream come true)
 (My twin, gonna love ya, gonna miss ya)
 (Friends getting married is weird)
(Wine dinner with the lawyers)
(Besties with testies)

The last 5 years have been fantastic, but now I've just got to hope that I'm married and working in 5 years. If not, I'm sure I'll have even more cool friends and experiences, but I'll likely be living abroad or as a beach bum...or both?

2 comments:

McKayJoice said...

You are so welcome.
So glad i was in a bit of that 5 years.

Alex Reese said...
This comment has been removed by the author.